Friday, June 18, 2010

A Frugal Failure becomes another Failure & then a success!

I am trying really hard to eat healthy and be frugal.  I have not been doing any Once a Month cooking but I have been cooking for two weeks or several meals at a time on Sundays.  This past week I made Quinoa and when I went to eat it it was a bit overdone.  Last night I decided I would spread it on a baking sheet, and bake it on low for to see if I could salvage it.   I sat down to catch up on some blogs.......enter failure stage 2.  I forgot about my Quinoa for almost an hour!  When I checked it it was not burnt, but very brown and crispy.  I tried a little, it was crunchy...I like crunchy.  I crave chips all the time.  So I put it away as I was determined to save it now.  Suddenly today it came to me- I could bake it again with some seasoning and make chips out of it!  So I took some fresh rosemary, garlic, parmesan cheese, and a little olive oil and egg white, salt and pepper, and rounded them in a teaspoon, flattened them like a cracker with the bottom of a drinking glass, and voila! They are sooo good.  Oh, and my camera is not working so if I can figure it out I'll take a picture of the crumbs for you......Never stop trying...do your best not to waste anything.....

No comments:

Post a Comment