Monday, March 1, 2010

A new spin on March Madness

 
So lately I  have had that feeling.  You know the one.  It sneaks up on you even though you feel it coming?  The bottom line is I am feeling somewhat unhappy.   Don't get me wrong, I am blessed to have many things, experiences, relationships that some don't.  So getting to the point already, I am feeling like I was meant to do more.  I (we) am (are) making some changes: I am planning on going back to school.  I want to be a pastry chef, and take some restaurant management courses.  I don't want to work while I do that, although many people do (and I admire them).  

Quitting my job is not an option, I  have crunched the numbers.  However, it is February, school starts in August/September. I toyed around with trying to live on one paycheck in March, but like I said, I crunched the numbers.  So, I am announcing March Madness!  For the month of March our household will have two goals: to spend as little as possible and create extra income.  Of course, I just had to pick one of the longest months of the year.  I mean, how lame would it be if I had done it in February?   

First, the budget is limited to bills and necessities such as gas & groceries.  I will be setting a budget for groceries that it as bare bones as possible.  We will also be taking advantage of ebay & craigslist to sell unwanted items.  I'll be taking as many online surveys as I possibly can that earn money or points that can be cashed in using Pay Pal. 

I believe that we can survive on my husband's income plus one of my paychecks.  Of course I get paid twice a month.  The plan is that the other paycheck goes toward debt.   I would like to pay off over half the debt in the next  months.  Then I know we can live on one income. 

So this is the plan for March! Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment