Monday, January 12, 2009

January Food Budget = $250.00

So how am I doing on my January food budget of $250? Not so great! It's only January 12th and I've already spent $164. That leaves $86 for the entire month. Can I do it?...I have no idea! Here's where my expenses went so far this month:
Walmart = $32.40
CVS = $8.60 (DH went and bought medicine with real money! Arrrggghhhh!)
CVS = $1.00
Walgreen's = $6.68
Walgreen's = $3.69
WalMart = $98(that is minus $10 for a new doorknob)
Freihofer's = $3
Price Chopper = $11.38
I am just about out of bread and almost out of meat. I have $45 ecb's but I'm very stingy about burning them unless I really need to. Yesterday when I was low on cleaning products, I used the old tried-and-true baking soda and vinegar method and it worked really well.
It computes out to $ per day for food for the rest of the month. Okay, now we get down to the nitty gritty and see if I can pull this off! Any suggestions or good deals you know about would be greatly appreciated! I'm off to inventory my pantry & freezers and make my shopping list!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should bake your own bread- and take your husband's debit card away!!!!

    ReplyDelete