Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CVS Trip 2/17


I made it to CVS yesterday, just in the nick of time! My ecb's were going to expire TODAY and I really needed to roll them. At first glance, the weekly and monthly deals did not look too inspiring. But then I visited A Full Cup and a bunch of other fabulous blogs and I got inspired!

So here's my trip yesterday using a $10/$50:

1 gold emblem sour worms (a PMS attack) $0.88
2 Glucerna cereal @ $4.52 each = $9.04
2 Colgate advanced total toothpaste @ $2.99 = 5.98
2 herbal essences hairspray @ $2.99 = $5.98
1 Mylanta Ultimate Strength mint @ $3.75 (sign on product said $7.49 but scanned at clearance price)
1 Earrinse @ $7.99
1 CVS Children's Triaminic stuff @ $1.37
4 CVS Cotton Rounds (trial size pack) @ $0.99 = $3.96
1 CVS Children's Chewable aspirin = $1.99
3 packs Stayfree @ $3.89 = $11.67
1 bottle of water (thirsty kids) = $.99
2 neutrogena soap bars @ 3.19 = $6.38
1 bag of Tostitos chips = $3.99
Total before coupons = $63.97 (after automatic discounts for sale items)

Coupons used:
$1 off Mylanta
$1.50 off Colgate
$1.50 off Colgate
$3 off 2 Herbal Essences
$5 off Glucerna Cereal (I had 2 but it said only 1 per household so she said she couldn't take it and gave it back to me)
$2 off stayfree
$2 off stayfree
$2 off stayfree (these printed out of the magic scanner machine when I first arrived and scanned my ticket)
$10/$50 coupon

Used $34 in ecb's, paid $3.15 out of pocket and received $31 ecb's back. So I did lose about $5 in my shopping yesterday but I got a lot of stuff for $5!

I was hoping the $10 ecb's for the neutrogena would work but it didn't. If I were able to use my other $5 for glucerna, I would have broke even and had a free trip. Why did Glucerna let me print 2 but they say limit one per household. I may try to make another trip this week if I can find the rest of the Mylanta moneymakers. My store only had one. Also, my deals would never have worked if those Stayfree coupons didn't print from the scanner machine. They paid me $0.11 for each pack of Stayfree I left the store with!
For more scenarios and a complete list of the weekly deals with coupon match-ups, visit DealSeekingMom and CentsibleSawyer.

2 comments: