Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Adventures in Unilever at Price Chopper - Part 1


Today my husband and I took a road trip to a Price Chopper that doubles coupons - about 1 hour away! It wasn't too bad except that about 5 minutes before we arrived at our destination, the school called to tell us our son threw up at lunch and Could we please come get him? Needless to say it was a quick shopping trip - we were in the store about 20-25 minutes and then back on the road! So, I made a few mistakes in my totals because I was rushed. I had guesstimated a couple of prices on Unilever products and my guesses were off...and there wasn't time to recalculate in the store because of the - ahem - vomiting issue...so we arrived at Price Chopper with our envelopes in hand. Unilever 1 and Unilever 2 complete with a list of what, how many for each transaction (he made one, I made one) and the exact coupons to use tucked into the envelopes. Here's how we did:

Transaction 1 (with Advantage prices):

1 Skippy PB ($1.99)
2 Breyer's Ice Cream ($2.99)
1 Hellman's Mayo ($2.48) This is the only item I had no coupons for!
1 Axe Shower Gel ($3.99)
4 Knorr Sides ($0.99 each)
1 Dove Body Wash ($5.99)
1 Bertolli Dinner for 2 ($6.99)
1 Bertolli Pasta Sauce ($2.50)
1 Country Crock sides ($5.79 - gasp! gasp! thankfully, I had a $1 off 1 that doubled!)
Subtotal before Advantedge and Coupons: $53.46
Total after: $26.06 and receive a $20 off your next purchase at Price Chopper.

Transaction 2 (with Advantedge prices)

2 Skippy PB ($1.99)
1 Breyer's Ice Cream ($2.99)
2 Hellman's Mayo ($2.48) This is the only item I had no coupons for!
1 Axe Shower Gel ($3.99)
4 Knorr Sides ($0.99 each)
1 Dove Body Wash ($5.99)
1 Bertolli Dinner for 2 ($6.99)
2 Bertolli Pasta Sauce ($2.50)
2 Country Crock sides ($5.79)
1 Ragu Sauce - BIG Jar ($2.99)
1.5 lbs of green grapes ($0.99/lb)
Subtotal before Advantedge and Coupons: $63.14
Total after: $32.10 and receive a $20 off your next purchase at Price Chopper.

Plus, I can use either one of my receipts to send in with the purchase of a $20 ham or turkey and be reimbursed up to $20. I will do that tomorrow when I go use my $20 ONYO coupons.

So after tomorrow's shopping trip and rebate:

$120 worth of groceries for $56 this week!

I'll post part 2 with the rest of the groceries that I get tomorrow!
This post is linked to Money Saving Mom's Super Savings Saturdays. To see more inspiring deals and shopping trips, click here.

-Heather

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have to drive an hour away to get your coupons doubled. You poor thing! But you did awesome in your 20 minute trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad, isn't it? It's hard to get good deals in Upstate NY with grocery stores. Our best deal is usually Wal-Mart or Aldi's. Those are the only grocery stores we have besides Hannaford and Price Chopper.
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete