Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grocery Trip April 5th

Ok, I just came back from a grocery shopping trip that has knocked me off my feet! I took my GPS and drove over to Bennington VT, about 40 minutes or less from my house, because they double coupons up to $1.00 in value! What a great trip I had! The picture above is of just a few things because I forgot to take one before I put them away-I am sorry-I always love to see people's pictures and marvel about how little they spent for a ton of food! (I am a geek, I know). Ok, so here is the deal and a few rules I learned-aren't you glad you have me to be marvelous and test these things out for you? I bought $158.93 worth of groceries for $62.88!!!!! Around $20.00 of that is Advantage Card Sale Savings. I bought 53 items-and my last 3 coupons did not double- the receipt says coupon rule- 50% of order reached. I am a bit confused as to what that means- since I bought about 5 products that I did not have coupons for- and I had 39 coupons, so I am guessing once you save 50% of your bill they stop doubling? Kind of lame but I will take it for the savings I did get. This is the best we can do here in Upstate NY so I think I will continue to make a trip once or month or so to stock up on good deals and snacks. I saw no difference in prices from the local area Price Chopper Stores.

Some of my best deals were Fiber One Yogurt for 79 cents a 4 pack; Green Giant Boxed Vegetables are 10 for $10 -I bought 6 and used 2 $1 off 3 coupons so I bought 6 boxes for $2; Quaker Mini Delights were $1.29 after $1 off coupons; Del Monte Superfruit Cups 50 cents after $1 off coupons! I also scored 6 bags of Bird's Eye Steamfresh Brown Rice for $1.94!!!!!!!!! They were on sale for 99 cents ea., and I bought 6, and used 2 $1 of 3 coupons!

Ok, so round trip including shopping time was about 2 hours and 45 minutes. I saved $96.05!!!! I "earned" $34.00 per hour and used about 1/4 tank of gas- about $7.50. I think it will be worth my time to take a trip over there and stock up once a month or so. I went alone today, but it was a nice drive to take with my husband next time, and we have family about 10 minutes from there, and you can't beat visiting the fam too! Also, gas is about 10 cents a gallon cheaper there! Check it out!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment