Monday, March 16, 2009

What works for you???

I have had something on my mind the last few days. I recently had a conversation with a friend about this blog, and methods I use to save money. She conveyed to me that she would not be able to cook for several hours on a Sunday, that would drive her crazy. Something must not have felt right to me about that, because it stuck with me for a few days. I think what stuck with me is that the message of this blog is to offer many ways to save money, and that you readers should not feel like you need to use every method, tip, or deal posted here. The object is to provide many methods, so you all can get fresh ideas, and learn new skills. You decide which ones you will use.

I think I speak for my Sister as well when I say we do not take advantage of every deal that we post for you. I don't request every free sample, and I do not always cook ahead every week. I shopped CVS once last week and that was the first time in about a month, and I had NO extra bucks!!!

If you are new to this Blog or any Money Saving Blog, I want to point to you a few different options to help you decide what is best for you. Here is a post my sister wrote on coupon organizing. She shows the two ways she does it, but you can choose one or the other or both. If you choose the second one, you might want to consider keeping the files in your trunk, go here for some more great organizing tips.

Also, here is a post I wrote about not having time. I wrote about how I layered couponing, rebates, online surveys, over time until it was manageable for me. Even now, it can be overwhelming. Nothing is more important than taking care of your family or yourself. When it is possible the posts written here, and by the Bloggers on our sidebar provide you with deals, samples, and opportunities to take advantage of.

Only you can decide what your family needs. Thanks to my friend for reminding me of that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment